For those who have a business, but are looking to step up to a new level. Facing difficulties, selling a business or changing structures.
The Leveling Up Stage
You’ve built something successful. You probably have some people working for you, making it happen. Now you’re thinking about stepping up to a new level. Maybe it’s exporting, maybe a new line of business, maybe a new way of marketing. It may even be selling the business or transitioning to new owners. What you need most is to connect to the right resources.
- Business Ideas: four reasons you need ’em
- The next wave of opportunity
- Franchise businesses in small towns
- The big secret to finding new product ideas
- 2 Business Intelligence Sources: local business demographics
Selling a business
- Sell or close? A third option
- Creating a business that can thrive without you: Built to Sell
- How selling a small town business is like selling a home: a 6-part series from John Warrillow
Changing structures, adding a new business
- Can a sole proprietor have more than one business?
- Can you sell a sole proprietorship
- When not to be a sole proprietorship
- What a farmer can teach you about starting multiple businesses
- Chasing two rabbits as a business lesson
- Audio and slides: How to manage multiple businesses without going crazy
- Maybe it’s time to step aside and let another person lead
Difficulties and Failures
- What to do when sales are down
- Every week, I fail in business
- What if your business is not making it?
- Need business immediately? One way to find it
- What to do when competition opens in your small town
- Capturing the best ideas, so you can pull them out when things get slow
- How to respond to online flame attacks
We have an entire series on failure and one on small business mistakes you can learn from.
Secrets and Things No One Ever Tells You
- 3 Resources to get you away from your business
- Configure your business to serve customers
- Keep it simple
- Getting your money’s worth from conferences
- One mistake can kill your business: not preparing for disaster
- Is it time to rent office space?
- Competing with free by adding value
- Elephants are a bargain at 2 for a quarter
- The progression of engagement
- Why you should focus on the problems
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.