Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow is a direct and effective tool to help you do exactly what it says: make your business something that can survive without you and is sell-able.
|Built to Sell delivers
on its promise.
- If you think you may want to sell your business someday, or someday soon, get a copy now. Read it, and start putting it into practice.
- If you have a business that is eating your life, this book stands up there with the E-Myth Series and Work the System as a tool to help you get your life back, while building a stronger business.
- If you are just starting a business, I recommend you read this first. It’s a good peek into the future, one where your business gives you options.
I blazed through my copy of the first edition and passed it along to a colleague. I’m excited to have a copy of the second edition in hand. In addition to the basic business fable, it now includes an outstanding implementation guide. So it includes an engaging story full of implicit lessons, plus an explicit “how-to” guide. And Warrillow added lessons from his own experience in building and exiting four businesses. Some of these real-life stories are quite revealing, like his early attempt at a subscription model that would make his market research business more sell-able. It failed, but he learned the lessons that made it possible to succeed later. (And yes, he does share those lessons.)
This week only, you can get in on a promotion, where you can get a $65 basket of goodies along with your copy, including
- a one year subscription to Inc Magazine,
- an e-book from the E-myth,
- a BizBuySell Valuation Report,
- a two hour conference call with Warrillow and
- a $25 Kiva loan in your name.
But you have to order and send in your confirmation by this Saturday, April 30, 2011. Check the details on the basket of goodies offer.
Honestly, I don’t care about the goodies. I think you want a copy of this book no matter what. It’s well worth it all on its own.
- The easiest way to podcast is from your phone - June 18, 2018
- Dress up empty buildings with these creative window ideas - June 11, 2018
- Expensive code compliance doesn’t have to ruin your small town - May 28, 2018
- The next big opportunity downtown: the rooftops - May 14, 2018
- I’d like to feed business plan competitions to the sharks - May 7, 2018
- What can you do when a traffic detour cuts down on visitors to town? - April 30, 2018
- Are conferences and events worth your time and money? Here’s how to make sure - April 23, 2018
- Six big themes for small town entrepreneurship - April 16, 2018
- Check this list? Did I get your topic on there? - April 9, 2018
- If you help your customers to create a plan, don’t leave out this essential item - April 2, 2018