Hey, got a sec? Let me take you on the Guided Tour! We can talk about this other stuff when you get back.
About Small Biz Survival
This is the rural small business blog. We talk about small town business, with how-to articles, an emphasis on social media marketing, and a weekly chance to share your good news in our Brag Basket. We’ve been at it since January 14, 2006. A few others have come and gone in that time, but we’re still here!
- On Twitter and Facebook, we share links to small town business articles and stories we find all over, including our own.
- You can also take in more stories through our network of rural and small town sources in our Small Town and Rural Resources Daily.
Becky McCray, founder and publisher
I started Small Biz Survival because I am a small town entrepreneur. I believe small town entrepreneurs have a lot to teach other businesses. And when local entrepreneurs prosper, they help their small town prosper, too.
I write about small business and rural issues, based on my own successes and failures as a lifelong entrepreneur. Deb Brown and I are working together to teach simple actions you can put into practice right away to improve your town at SaveYour.Town.
Taking business lessons from small towns, Barry Moltz and I wrote the book Small Town Rules for businesses of all sizes. We earned awards from the Small Business Book Awards 2013 and the Best Small Business Books Published in 2012 from the NFIB.
If you need a small business or small town speaker, I’d love to hear from you. My talks deliver practical steps you can take to shape the future of your community.
Very occasionally, I also write a personal blog, Out Standing in My Field.
If you want to email me directly, stop by the contact form.
Over the years, we’ve been honored with the work of many additional contributors.
Deb Brown, my colleague at SaveYour.Town, has started contributing here also. She shares her knowledge of small town business, retail and her real world experiences. Read Deb’s articles.
Glenn Muske, a true expert on small- and micro-businesses with decades of experience in the Extension service, wrote articles on a wide variety of topics for us. Read Glenn’s articles.
Glenna Mae Hendricks, aka “Maesz”, aka “my mom”, has shared many tax tips and accounting explanations. Read Maesz’s articles.
H. E. James has shared her practical tips on rural small business in several articles for us. Read H.E.’s articles.
Zane Safrit shared his real-world small town business expertise in a series of strong articles. Read Zane’s articles.
Jeanne Cole was my friend long before I started Small Biz Survival, and she was one of our earliest contributors. Read Jeanne’s articles.
We’ve also featured guest posts by super people like Barry Moltz, Sheila Scarborough, Marci Penner of Kansas Sampler Foundation, John Warrillow, Shashi Bellamkonda and Scott Meyer. Read our guest posts.
Honors and Awards:
We’ve gotten so many awards and appearances in “Top” lists that I’ve stopped tracking them! I’m still proud of the work our contributors do!
- 2013 Power Players in Technology Business Media
- The Best Local Marketing Blogs to Read in 2013 – Bplans
- Top Daily Must-Reads for Every Small Business Owner – NFIB
- 50 Small Business Blogs to Watch – Infusionsoft
- 24 Must-Read Blogs for Entrepreneurs – Business Insider
- Top 25 Upcoming Small Business Blogs to follow for 2012
- 20 Blogs Every Entrepreneur Should Read 2011 – Business Insider
- 20 Blogs Every Entrepreneur Should Read 2010 – Business Insider
- 9 Essential Blog for Small Business Owners
- Top 20 Small Business Bloggers Dominating the Market
- The 37 Best Resources for Small Business News
- 10 Best Blogs for Entrepreneurs
- Top 20 Small Business Blogs
- 20 Best Small Business Blogs
- Top 100 Blogs for Small-Business Cost Cutting Inspiration
- Top 50 Blogs for Startups For 2010
- Top 100 Business Blogs
- Top 12 Small Business Marketing Blogs
- 25 Great Entrepreneur Blogs We Love
- Top 100 Blogs For Working At Home
- 9 Blogs Entrepreneurs Must Read
Now that you’ve met us, let me take you on the Guided Tour.
You already took the tour? Well then, you might want to subscribe!