We want you to be confident in the information you read here. Consider this our “no BS” approach to disclosure.
Privacy and Tracking
- Any data you submit to a form on this site, like your email address or a comment, will only be used for the purpose it was collected, like sending the email newsletter or posting your comment. We won’t share it with anyone, except as required by law. If you wish to have your data removed from our records or have other requests related to your data, use our contact form to let us know. We use reputable web hosting, maintain strong security standards, and restrict access to your data in order to keep your data secure.
Affiliate Links and Reviews
- In the past, we have reviewed books, computers, and other small-business related products. Almost all of them were provided at no cost to us for review, and we were usually allowed to keep them. In each review, the source of the product and the details are clearly explained.
- Any articles or content that are part of a business relationship are clearly labeled. We extremely rarely have accepted ads or paid editorial content, and in each case they are clearly labeled.
- Any Amazon affiliate links benefit our contributor Jon Swanson’s not-for-profit projects. Any other affiliate links that benefit any other person clearly labeled.
Other Business Relationships
- Becky is a professional speaker for a wide variety of clients. When a client is mentioned in any story, they are labeled as a client.
- Becky’s other businesses have included SaveYour.Town (a joint operation with Deb Brown), Allen’s Retail Liquors, Tourism Currents (a joint operation with Sheila Scarborough and Leslie McLellan), and a cattle ranch.
Tell Your Story:
- If you are a small town or rural business person, you are welcome to write your own story: how you were founded, a community project you help with, or how your town is doing something positive through business.
Press Release and PR Preferences:
- We are interested in small business stories from small towns and rural areas only, and even then, we’d prefer you tell us the story than send a press release.