At the Oklahoma Governor’s Conference on Small Business, Larry Mocha gave a couple of pieces of pointed networking advice.
|Vikki Dearing from the Oklahoma
Department of Commerce
is a long time friend,
and Tara Fiechtl from CareerTech
was a new friend from the conference.
You know how it is at conferences; we always gravitate towards the people we already know.
“You’re not going to meet anyone new if you just stay comfortable,” Larry Mocha said.
“Even if you think YOU don’t need to meet new people, there are people out there who need to meet you!”
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021