At the Oklahoma Governor’s Conference on Small Business, Larry Mocha gave a couple of pieces of pointed networking advice.
|Vikki Dearing from the Oklahoma
Department of Commerce
is a long time friend,
and Tara Fiechtl from CareerTech
was a new friend from the conference.
You know how it is at conferences; we always gravitate towards the people we already know.
“You’re not going to meet anyone new if you just stay comfortable,” Larry Mocha said.
“Even if you think YOU don’t need to meet new people, there are people out there who need to meet you!”
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019
- Better entrepreneur training for small towns - November 4, 2019
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019