At the Oklahoma Governor’s Conference on Small Business, Larry Mocha gave a couple of pieces of pointed networking advice.
|Vikki Dearing from the Oklahoma
Department of Commerce
is a long time friend,
and Tara Fiechtl from CareerTech
was a new friend from the conference.
You know how it is at conferences; we always gravitate towards the people we already know.
“You’re not going to meet anyone new if you just stay comfortable,” Larry Mocha said.
“Even if you think YOU don’t need to meet new people, there are people out there who need to meet you!”
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022