At the Oklahoma Governor’s Conference on Small Business, Larry Mocha gave a couple of pieces of pointed networking advice.
|Vikki Dearing from the Oklahoma
Department of Commerce
is a long time friend,
and Tara Fiechtl from CareerTech
was a new friend from the conference.
You know how it is at conferences; we always gravitate towards the people we already know.
“You’re not going to meet anyone new if you just stay comfortable,” Larry Mocha said.
“Even if you think YOU don’t need to meet new people, there are people out there who need to meet you!”
- The easiest way to podcast is from your phone - June 18, 2018
- Dress up empty buildings with these creative window ideas - June 11, 2018
- Expensive code compliance doesn’t have to ruin your small town - May 28, 2018
- The next big opportunity downtown: the rooftops - May 14, 2018
- I’d like to feed business plan competitions to the sharks - May 7, 2018
- What can you do when a traffic detour cuts down on visitors to town? - April 30, 2018
- Are conferences and events worth your time and money? Here’s how to make sure - April 23, 2018
- Six big themes for small town entrepreneurship - April 16, 2018
- Check this list? Did I get your topic on there? - April 9, 2018
- If you help your customers to create a plan, don’t leave out this essential item - April 2, 2018