At the Oklahoma Governor’s Conference on Small Business, Larry Mocha gave a couple of pieces of pointed networking advice.
|Vikki Dearing from the Oklahoma
Department of Commerce
is a long time friend,
and Tara Fiechtl from CareerTech
was a new friend from the conference.
You know how it is at conferences; we always gravitate towards the people we already know.
“You’re not going to meet anyone new if you just stay comfortable,” Larry Mocha said.
“Even if you think YOU don’t need to meet new people, there are people out there who need to meet you!”
- What is holding us back? Why does every project take so long in small towns? - December 3, 2018
- Control your business holiday lights with smart home tools - November 19, 2018
- Don’t bother to mention the benefits unless you tie them to this - November 12, 2018
- What business does every small town need? A store full of tiny retail spaces - November 5, 2018
- How any business can be part of downtown events by going mobile - October 29, 2018
- Support local entrepreneurship by giving Rising Stars business awards - October 22, 2018
- Why do people say there’s nothing to do here then not come to our concerts? - October 15, 2018
- Need more volunteers? Give everyone a tiny role - October 8, 2018
- Retailers: Fill all empty space, floor to ceiling - October 1, 2018
- Shipping container businesses downtown: don’t make this big mistake - September 24, 2018