Successful small town businesses keep it simple.
|Hart and Con Pekrul keep it simple.
The secret to long-lasting success.
Here’s what I noticed in the back room at a local winery, run by Con Pekrul. All the equipment is simple. Barrels and buckets, second hand tables, a used refrigerator.
Here’s Con’s father Hart, filling bottles by hand. An automatic bottler would be too expensive, Con said. And Hart, a retired banker, won’t entertain such extravagant ideas.
The wine labels are still printed on plain paper in one color. There is only one label design, so each variety is stamped with a rubber stamp.
This careful attitude has helped them beat the predictions of their accountant and to build a strong business for more than seven years.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022