What can you do when you need business and income right away? Here is one thing that almost always works:
Call your existing customers.
|Phone by Ant & Carrie|
Pick up the phone, and call your existing customers. Just say hello, check in that everything you’ve done for them is still working, or whatever the equivalent is for your business. Thank them for being a customer.
Feeling brave? Tell them you have some extra time right now, and tell them exactly what kind of work you’d love to pick up. But that’s optional.
What’s the worst that could happen?
- If you find an unhappy customer, you get the chance to make it right. Result: they become your biggest fan.
- If you find a happy customer, you feel great and they feel great. Result: they will watch for work to send to you.
Of course, the best that can happen is that you turn up someone who needs some work right away, right?
Does it work?
Well, I’ve seen it work. A local small business person asked me what he could do to get business right away. I encouraged him to make some calls to current customers. He reported back that he picked up two new jobs immediately.
What have you tried to find business immediately?
P.S. Don’t forget the webinar Tuesday, “No You May NOT Pick My Brain!“ with Sheila Scarborough and me.
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019
- Better entrepreneur training for small towns - November 4, 2019
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019