What can you do when you need business and income right away? Here is one thing that almost always works:
Call your existing customers.
|Phone by Ant & Carrie|
Pick up the phone, and call your existing customers. Just say hello, check in that everything you’ve done for them is still working, or whatever the equivalent is for your business. Thank them for being a customer.
Feeling brave? Tell them you have some extra time right now, and tell them exactly what kind of work you’d love to pick up. But that’s optional.
What’s the worst that could happen?
- If you find an unhappy customer, you get the chance to make it right. Result: they become your biggest fan.
- If you find a happy customer, you feel great and they feel great. Result: they will watch for work to send to you.
Of course, the best that can happen is that you turn up someone who needs some work right away, right?
Does it work?
Well, I’ve seen it work. A local small business person asked me what he could do to get business right away. I encouraged him to make some calls to current customers. He reported back that he picked up two new jobs immediately.
What have you tried to find business immediately?
P.S. Don’t forget the webinar Tuesday, “No You May NOT Pick My Brain!“ with Sheila Scarborough and me.
- The secret to effective follow up: What NOT to say - April 15, 2019
- How church buildings can do more for the community - April 8, 2019
- Ideas to fill empty display windows - April 2, 2019
- Know your customers: What do they want to be good at? - March 25, 2019
- 99% of the best things you can do for your town don’t require anyone’s permission - March 4, 2019
- Want more public attendance at your events? Make sure your signs include this specific phrase - February 18, 2019
- Know your customer: Who’s asking them questions? - February 11, 2019
- How restaurants can market each other in small towns - February 4, 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for rural small business - January 28, 2019
- What businesses would work in a small town with empty land - January 21, 2019