What can you do when you need business and income right away? Here is one thing that almost always works:
Call your existing customers.
|Phone by Ant & Carrie|
Pick up the phone, and call your existing customers. Just say hello, check in that everything you’ve done for them is still working, or whatever the equivalent is for your business. Thank them for being a customer.
Feeling brave? Tell them you have some extra time right now, and tell them exactly what kind of work you’d love to pick up. But that’s optional.
What’s the worst that could happen?
- If you find an unhappy customer, you get the chance to make it right. Result: they become your biggest fan.
- If you find a happy customer, you feel great and they feel great. Result: they will watch for work to send to you.
Of course, the best that can happen is that you turn up someone who needs some work right away, right?
Does it work?
Well, I’ve seen it work. A local small business person asked me what he could do to get business right away. I encouraged him to make some calls to current customers. He reported back that he picked up two new jobs immediately.
What have you tried to find business immediately?
P.S. Don’t forget the webinar Tuesday, “No You May NOT Pick My Brain!“ with Sheila Scarborough and me.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021