A local restaurant held an auction, to sell off all their kitchen equipment. They’ve been closed for over a year, devastated by a water pipe break that ruined most of their interior furnishings.
|What if a nearby fire
forced you to evacuate
The news today is full of floods, tornadoes and even wildfires. We see businesses destroyed, damaged. We probably don’t think about the business owners who have to evacuate, with no warning. I’m sure none of them felt prepared. How many of them will be back in business?
So here’s that one mistake that might kill your business: not having a disaster recovery plan.
It’s not enough to think, or to know, what might happen, if you don’t have a plan. Without a plan, 43% of businesses don’t recover and never reopen after a disaster.
So how do you get a plan? Head over to Get Prepared from Office Depot. They have lots of resources to help you make that plan to recover.
Because you don’t want to lose everything you’ve built up.
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019
- Getting people to mix at an event - May 27, 2019