Today, you have unprecedented support available to help you build and improve your business and to survive any economic conditions. No matter how small a town or isolated an area you live in, internet access connects you to astounding resources.
- You can read advice from experts, including those in your own field.
- You can connect personally with mentors, consultants, and many other types of support online directly and through social networks.
- You can access in-depth guides, ebooks and college courses on any small business issue, some for free, others for an affordable price.
All that’s available, but you’re still struggling with your business. Why? What’s keeping you from using these abundant resources to improve your business? With all this abundance, there are still two resources that remain scarce:
- Your time
- Your attention
What is the solution? You’re going to have to make an appointment with your self and your business. Dedicate a set time each week, 1 hour minimum. Make it an absolute commitment. Do not let anything disturb you during this hour.
Here’s the agenda for how you’ll spend that time:
- Figuring out what areas of your business need improvement and choosing one to work on at a time.
- Finding the resources and people you need.
- Reading the resources that you found.
- Learning by making your first attempts.
- Talking with your mentors, contacts or consultants to check what you’re learning.
- Implementing and solidifying your learning into how you do business.
Your very first step is simple:
- Make an appointment with yourself this week for one hour.
Get your calendar. Do it now.
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021