Today, you have unprecedented support available to help you build and improve your business and to survive any economic conditions. No matter how small a town or isolated an area you live in, internet access connects you to astounding resources.
- You can read advice from experts, including those in your own field.
- You can connect personally with mentors, consultants, and many other types of support online directly and through social networks.
- You can access in-depth guides, ebooks and college courses on any small business issue, some for free, others for an affordable price.
All that’s available, but you’re still struggling with your business. Why? What’s keeping you from using these abundant resources to improve your business? With all this abundance, there are still two resources that remain scarce:
- Your time
- Your attention
What is the solution? You’re going to have to make an appointment with your self and your business. Dedicate a set time each week, 1 hour minimum. Make it an absolute commitment. Do not let anything disturb you during this hour.
Here’s the agenda for how you’ll spend that time:
- Figuring out what areas of your business need improvement and choosing one to work on at a time.
- Finding the resources and people you need.
- Reading the resources that you found.
- Learning by making your first attempts.
- Talking with your mentors, contacts or consultants to check what you’re learning.
- Implementing and solidifying your learning into how you do business.
Your very first step is simple:
- Make an appointment with yourself this week for one hour.
Get your calendar. Do it now.
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022