|The Minot CVB promises to
connect you to their social media
accounts, and they deliver.
In 3 ways to get locals to follow you online, I mentioned putting your online connections on your business cards. Many people do this by including social media icons on lots of printed materials. But the icon alone is not enough!
The business card to the right from the Minot CVB includes icons from the social networks they use, and promises that you can find the links at their website. And they deliver! On their website, the social media icons match this card perfectly and are easy to find.
The next step in doing this the right way is to explain the benefit of following you. Why would I take the time to search for you and follow you online?
Here’s a non-local example that really sells the benefits. This sack of Purina Cat Chow (shown below) includes three reasons I might want to connect with them on Facebook. I particularly liked this line: “Dog owners have dog parks, cat owners have [our Facebook page.]”
|Purina Cat Chow gets detailed about the benefits of joining their Facebook conversation.|
- What small businesses can do with Facebook Live and other streaming video - October 16, 2017
- Build your business with mini-events - October 9, 2017
- Don’t call it a failure just because it stopped - October 3, 2017
- Is this my business, or just a distraction? - September 25, 2017
- What to do after entrepreneurship class - September 18, 2017
- Business Idea: A new use for old church buildings: camping and lodging - September 11, 2017
- Where to find photos online that you can use for your business - September 4, 2017
- The marketing genius behind Nacho Business - August 28, 2017
- Who will run small town businesses when the owners retire? One unusual option you may not have considered - August 21, 2017
- So what if they said it’s illegal? Doing business when it’s against the rules - August 14, 2017