Tourism groups and small businesses both struggle with a common question: once we get online, how do we get local people to follow, like or friend us?
|Online friends join local friends for a
tweetup in Alva.
Here are 3 quick ideas on how to get connected with the locals:
1. Talk about local issues. When you talk about the topics that local people care about, they are more likely to engage with you.
2. Tell local people about it. Talk in person, talk with them online, make business cards for your blog and Twitter and hand them out to locals.
3. Invite locals to participate. Ask them to guest post. Quote them in a story. Use their story, with their permission to illustrate a point.
How do you connect with locals?
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021