Tourism groups and small businesses both struggle with a common question: once we get online, how do we get local people to follow, like or friend us?
|Online friends join local friends for a
tweetup in Alva.
Here are 3 quick ideas on how to get connected with the locals:
1. Talk about local issues. When you talk about the topics that local people care about, they are more likely to engage with you.
2. Tell local people about it. Talk in person, talk with them online, make business cards for your blog and Twitter and hand them out to locals.
3. Invite locals to participate. Ask them to guest post. Quote them in a story. Use their story, with their permission to illustrate a point.
How do you connect with locals?
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020