Tourism groups and small businesses both struggle with a common question: once we get online, how do we get local people to follow, like or friend us?
|Online friends join local friends for a
tweetup in Alva.
Here are 3 quick ideas on how to get connected with the locals:
1. Talk about local issues. When you talk about the topics that local people care about, they are more likely to engage with you.
2. Tell local people about it. Talk in person, talk with them online, make business cards for your blog and Twitter and hand them out to locals.
3. Invite locals to participate. Ask them to guest post. Quote them in a story. Use their story, with their permission to illustrate a point.
How do you connect with locals?
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020