Tourism groups and small businesses both struggle with a common question: once we get online, how do we get local people to follow, like or friend us?
|Online friends join local friends for a
tweetup in Alva.
Here are 3 quick ideas on how to get connected with the locals:
1. Talk about local issues. When you talk about the topics that local people care about, they are more likely to engage with you.
2. Tell local people about it. Talk in person, talk with them online, make business cards for your blog and Twitter and hand them out to locals.
3. Invite locals to participate. Ask them to guest post. Quote them in a story. Use their story, with their permission to illustrate a point.
How do you connect with locals?
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021