Tourism groups and small businesses both struggle with a common question: once we get online, how do we get local people to follow, like or friend us?
|Online friends join local friends for a
tweetup in Alva.
Here are 3 quick ideas on how to get connected with the locals:
1. Talk about local issues. When you talk about the topics that local people care about, they are more likely to engage with you.
2. Tell local people about it. Talk in person, talk with them online, make business cards for your blog and Twitter and hand them out to locals.
3. Invite locals to participate. Ask them to guest post. Quote them in a story. Use their story, with their permission to illustrate a point.
How do you connect with locals?
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019