|The Minot CVB promises to
connect you to their social media
accounts, and they deliver.
In 3 ways to get locals to follow you online, I mentioned putting your online connections on your business cards. Many people do this by including social media icons on lots of printed materials. But the icon alone is not enough!
The business card to the right from the Minot CVB includes icons from the social networks they use, and promises that you can find the links at their website. And they deliver! On their website, the social media icons match this card perfectly and are easy to find.
The next step in doing this the right way is to explain the benefit of following you. Why would I take the time to search for you and follow you online?
Here’s a non-local example that really sells the benefits. This sack of Purina Cat Chow (shown below) includes three reasons I might want to connect with them on Facebook. I particularly liked this line: “Dog owners have dog parks, cat owners have [our Facebook page.]”
|Purina Cat Chow gets detailed about the benefits of joining their Facebook conversation.|
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019
- Getting people to mix at an event - May 27, 2019