Looking for the best of our articles for rural small businesses and small town entrepreneurs? We’ve picked out some of our favorites, and a few of our most honored posts, to share.
The Cream of the Crop
- Simplified business plans, marketing plans and online marketing
- How to position yourself as an expert
- Redefining Failure
- 10 ways to delegate without hiring
- Focus on income producing activities
- Brain drain fighters!
Best of Our Writing
- Insurance and the Homebased Business USA Today Small Business Connection Featured Item
- Blogging: How to position yourself as an expert
- Simplified Marketing Plans for the Real World Lifehack, Carnival of Entrepreneurship, On the Moneyed Midways and Carnival of the Capitalists Featured Item
- How to grow word of mouth referrals Carnival of the Capitalists and Carnival of Business Featured Item
- Sell More by Layering Smallbusiness.com Newswire and Carnival of Entrepreneurship Featured Item
- Why Rural Small Businesses Will Still Dial Up for a Long Time to Come
- Making the Decision to Expand Carnival of Entrepreneurship Featured Item
- How to Choose a Business Name Carnival of the Capitalists and Carnival of Marketing Featured Item
- Self Employment and Disability Carnival of Entrepreneurship Featured Item
- Focus on Your IPAs: Income Producing Activities Smallbusiness.com Newswire Featured Item
- 10 Ways to Delegate Without Hiring Staff Featured Item on Smallbusiness.com Newswire, Jotzel Business News Front Page, Carnival of the Capitalists and Carnival of Entrepreneurship
Follow Up: Delegate More Work to Your Computer Jotzel Business News Entrepreneurship Featured Item
- Happy People = Testimonials = Dollars Carnival of Entrepreneurship Featured Item
- Simplified Business Plans for the Real World Carnival of the Capitalists Featured Item
- We are all in the service business.
Best Things We Stole from Someone Else
- Grow a billion dollar business Smallbusiness.com Newswire Featured Item
- Pricing to Maximize Your Bottom Line Jotzel Business News Front Page Featured Item
- Raising Money From Family and Friends
- 4 Ingredient Formula For Building A Successful Business
- No Silver Bullet Solutions
- Rural Communities Courting Retirees to Boost Economic Growth
- Who is a customer?
- The ‘other 85 percent’ Tom Peters in praise of small businesses
- Communicate: Ask Better Questions sell more by asking better questions
- Innovation is the key
I developed this list to clean out the sidebar on our main page. Over time, I will keep it updated with the most useful and timeless of our posts. Look through the list. You may find a gem you’ve overlooked!
And thanks for reading. We appreciate you!
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020