One of the most crucial areas of decision making for retailers is pricing. Yet, we have found that small firms often do not have well-conceived pricing plans.
Joel R. Evans and Barry Berman started their six part series on Developing Your Pricing Strategy with this painfully accurate observation.
The series covers:
- Developing Your Pricing Strategy
- Pricing Philosophy and Setting Retail Prices
- MSRP, Fair Pricing and the Competition
- Planning for Shrink, Price Lining and Advertising
- Markups, Inventory Valuation and Odd Pricing
- Everyday Low Pricing and Displaying Prices
This is a comprehesive examiniation of pricing strategies. Perhaps no other decisions affect your profitability as much as pricing, so prepare to spend some time with Evans and Berman.
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020