Found in the E+Action Newsletter:
A recent report by the Center for the Study of Education Policy at Illinois State University concentrates on why students are leaving Illinois, where the students are moving, and what strategies can be employed to retain more students. The report offers a number of recommendations to keep students within the state and attract others to Illinois, including:
- Seek greater personal relationships with prospective students by encouraging direct contact from university financial aid officers, coaches, and academic faculty.
- Provide additional financial aid to high-achieving students.
- Promote a public marketing campaign that promotes the range of educational opportunities in the state.
- Encourage collaboration between high school guidance counselors and universities in order to build awareness of in-state postsecondary options.
Read our other Brain Drain fighting stories:
Give us your suggestions, too!
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022