Why talk about failure? Long ago, I wrote a presentation on failure, and gave it for several local business groups. Everyone loved it.
The blogging started when two posts collided at Stupid Mistakes and Lessons Learned. Then there were More Lessons Learned. I was excited to share what people have learned through their own experience.
I decided it was time to go back to my original source for What is “Failure”? The point of Larry Wilson and Hersch Wilson in that article is “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.” That has practically become a mantra for me when dealing with an adverse outcome. “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.” Powerful words. Memorize them. Repeat them. Often! “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.”
That started the Failure Quote of the Day, drawn from my old presentation. That has been running since April 20. I have lots more where those came from! I may keep it up forever!
Chris Brogan, blog buddy, finally wondered what was up with failure. So here is the explanation. It’s all part of my evil plan to redefine the word “failure” so it does not imply a negative judgment. “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.”
Failure Quotes of the Day:
- 4/20 Remember your failures
- 4/21 Fail forward to success
- 4/22 The only time you don’t fail
- 4/23 I’d rather be a failure
- 4/24 Fail. Forward. Fast.
- 4/25 I never gave up
- 4/27 You only stumble if you are moving
- 5/1 Three ways to beat the fear of failure
- 5/3 Dare to fail greatly
- 5/4 We come to wisdom through failure
- 5/5 Learn how to fail intelligently
- 5/6 Rise every time you fall
- 5/7 Far better to dare mighty things
- 5/8 Err and come short again and again
- 5/9 Put failure to work for you
- 5/10 I cannot fail
I can’t quit thinking about failure! It is too important of a concept. Here are some additional offerings. And, yes, I do have more!
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020