Why talk about failure? Long ago, I wrote a presentation on failure, and gave it for several local business groups. Everyone loved it.
The blogging started when two posts collided at Stupid Mistakes and Lessons Learned. Then there were More Lessons Learned. I was excited to share what people have learned through their own experience.
I decided it was time to go back to my original source for What is “Failure”? The point of Larry Wilson and Hersch Wilson in that article is “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.” That has practically become a mantra for me when dealing with an adverse outcome. “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.” Powerful words. Memorize them. Repeat them. Often! “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.”
That started the Failure Quote of the Day, drawn from my old presentation. That has been running since April 20. I have lots more where those came from! I may keep it up forever!
Chris Brogan, blog buddy, finally wondered what was up with failure. So here is the explanation. It’s all part of my evil plan to redefine the word “failure” so it does not imply a negative judgment. “I cannot fail. I can only learn and grow.”
Failure Quotes of the Day:
- 4/20 Remember your failures
- 4/21 Fail forward to success
- 4/22 The only time you don’t fail
- 4/23 I’d rather be a failure
- 4/24 Fail. Forward. Fast.
- 4/25 I never gave up
- 4/27 You only stumble if you are moving
- 5/1 Three ways to beat the fear of failure
- 5/3 Dare to fail greatly
- 5/4 We come to wisdom through failure
- 5/5 Learn how to fail intelligently
- 5/6 Rise every time you fall
- 5/7 Far better to dare mighty things
- 5/8 Err and come short again and again
- 5/9 Put failure to work for you
- 5/10 I cannot fail
I can’t quit thinking about failure! It is too important of a concept. Here are some additional offerings. And, yes, I do have more!
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021