This week, let’s do a throwback. Tell your founding story.
How did your business come into being? How were you founded? Who was involved in your early history?
Go dig out an old photo, the older the better. Tell an early story from your business in just a few sentences.
End by saying, “Together, we’re making a better community. When you shift just a little more of your shopping to local stores, you help us all. #ShiftYourShopping.” You can do this on Facebook or Instagram, or in print ads you’re planning to run.
Check your fellow local businesses online. Look for their founding stories and cheer them on with likes, shares and comments.
Shift Your Shopping is our group theme for holiday marketing this year. You have my permission to forward these articles to your local retailers, merchants association, chamber of commerce, downtown development group or any one else you think would benefit from them. All you need to do is list the author as Becky McCray of SmallBizSurvival.com and then let me know who you are sharing with.
Shift Your Shopping 2015 series:
- Picking your Holiday 2015 marketing theme
- Set your cover photos
- Spotlight a local business
- Spotlight on community
- Share the causes you care about
- Support your service providers
- Small Business Saturday
- Tell your founding story
- How do you get merchants to host pop-ups inside their business? - December 11, 2017
- Rural addresses are confusing to outsiders, but a new tool aims to change that with just 3 words - December 4, 2017
- Your town has lost its economic reason for being - November 27, 2017
- How to convince a building owner to host a pop-up - November 20, 2017
- Downtown After 5 idea: Dinner and a Movie - November 13, 2017
- Like a home office, but with wheels - November 6, 2017
- Want more local retail businesses? Here’s what Elk City does - October 30, 2017
- Free concerts draw big crowds, but no one shops local stores - October 23, 2017
- What small businesses can do with Facebook Live and other streaming video - October 16, 2017
- Build your business with mini-events - October 9, 2017