Shop local and buy local campaigns can significantly impact your hometown economy, but the instructions available online assume you are a big city. That’s why I decided to create a step by step guide to starting a shop local campaign in a small town, as a downloadable e-book.
It includes solid research that shows whether buy local campaigns actually work. If you have to convince others to back your project, this could make your job easier.
Next it goes through six steps to building a truly effective campaign:
- Get some help
- Pick a theme
- Promote your most powerful benefits
- Create just the right promotional materials
- Kick off with events and media coverage
- Measure success
Each step is focused on the actions that work the best for small town volunteer efforts. The seventh step shows you 4 ways to multiply the effect of your campaign and get more out of your efforts.
As a bonus, I included a list of reasons to shop local that you can use in your town, and I linked you to two of the best lists available online.
“I would encourage all small town chambers of commerce or merchant associations to order this guide. It will point you in the right direction to making buy local work in your small town!”
Jack Schultz, Author of BoomtownUSA
Version 2.0 is ready! See it at Shop Local Campaigns for Small Towns.
- Small town retail trend: shared spaces - April 10, 2017
- A blue Brag Basket - March 24, 2017
- Tiny businesses in storage sheds: a rural economic development tool - March 19, 2017
- Your secret advertising tool: empty buildings downtown as billboards - March 13, 2017
- What businesses work in towns under 500 - March 6, 2017
- Rural business idea: renting wilderness offices - February 27, 2017
- How to start a big business in a small town, when the big dream seems out of reach - February 13, 2017
- My trends reports and more guest articles on other sites - January 23, 2017
- Innovative Rural Business Models spread opportunity in small towns - January 9, 2017
- When Google Maps has your small business listed in the wrong place - January 2, 2017