Top Ten Reasons to Shop Local
10. Local stores are more likely to carry locally produced foods which supports local agriculture.
9. Local business owners contribute to more local fundraising and 501(c)3’s.
8. Local businesses provide a majority of jobs.
7. Local businesses support other local businesses.
6. The business community becomes reflective of this community’s unique culture.
5. The sales taxes I pay support this community and county: fixing my roads, maintaining my recreational facilities, . . .
4. Competition and diversity result in fair prices and more choices.
3. Shopping local reduces my carbon footprint.
2. Local business owners invest in the community and have a vested interest in the future of this community.
1. My hometown is more important than a cheap pair of underwear!
Need more reasons, or more explanation? Check out the Top 10 Reasons to Shop Local put together on New Orleans’ Staylocal.org.
[Photo: Karen's store in Waynoka, Oklahoma.]
We’ve written a step by step guide to starting a shop local campaign in a small town.