No doubt about it: We all like to have a “wow” customer experience.
Yet research has found that, while the “knock your socks off” experience is one you remember, what gets customers back in the door is when they receive ongoing solid, good service from your company time and time again.
Consumers like consistency. They want to know what they had today, while shopping in your store, will be the same tomorrow, next week and next year. That is the standard you need to strive for in your small business.
Great experiences get talked about, but through time, the memory fades and other experiences begin to color what happened. As I think back through the years, I can talk about several outstanding experiences I have had. Yet ask me about the company today and I also will talk about how on later occasions, these businesses failed to meet my standards, let alone continue to hit that high plateau.
Thus the one “wow” moment gets your business visibility in the short run only. Companies that offer continued solid customer service though are where the consumer becomes an ambassador.
Focus your efforts on understanding and fulfilling expectations. Achieving that becomes part of your brand. It’s what people are looking for.
Mark Twain’s comments on this still are valid today, “Always do right! This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
- Change - December 26, 2018
- Regular Customers Form Your Base - December 12, 2018
- Disasters: Is Your Small Business Ready? - December 5, 2018
- Business Startup: Steps to Remember - November 28, 2018
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM SMALL BIZ SURVIVAL - November 21, 2018
- Finding a Business Idea - November 14, 2018
- Does Your Networking Have Punch? - November 7, 2018
- Build Tomorrow’s Community Business Sector - October 24, 2018
- Are You Changing? - October 17, 2018
- Is it really a deal? - October 10, 2018