Did you know that military won’t be the biggest use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)? In fact, agriculture will account for 80% of UAV use in coming years, Jim Mason of Elk City, Oklahoma, tells us. He also explains why rural Western Oklahoma is a leader in the industry.
In agriculture, unmanned systems make it possible to target nutrients, spraying and chemical application only to the smallest possible area of need. Estimates of crop yields can be far more accurate rather than guesses made from the edge of a field.
Agricultural use will far outpace public safety and all other uses of unmanned systems, according to the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International’s Economic Impact Report.
Thanks to Jim Mason, Economic and Community Development Director for the City of Elk City, Oklahoma, for taking time to share his knowledge on this subject.
- Holiday Marketing 7: Small Business Saturday - November 23, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 6: Support your service providers - November 16, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 5: Share the causes you care about - November 9, 2015
- Brag Basket is the place for conversation - November 6, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 4: Spotlight on Community - November 2, 2015
- Engaging businesses with school entrepreneurship programs - October 27, 2015
- Holiday marketing 3: Spotlight a local business - October 26, 2015
- 3 Ways to teach kids to be entrepreneurs - October 20, 2015
- Holiday marketing 2015 – Set your cover photos - October 19, 2015
- Never ask anyone to do something you don’t want to, right? Wrong. - October 12, 2015