Successful small town businesses keep it simple.
|Hart and Con Pekrul keep it simple.
The secret to long-lasting success.
Here’s what I noticed in the back room at a local winery, run by Con Pekrul. All the equipment is simple. Barrels and buckets, second hand tables, a used refrigerator.
Here’s Con’s father Hart, filling bottles by hand. An automatic bottler would be too expensive, Con said. And Hart, a retired banker, won’t entertain such extravagant ideas.
The wine labels are still printed on plain paper in one color. There is only one label design, so each variety is stamped with a rubber stamp.
This careful attitude has helped them beat the predictions of their accountant and to build a strong business for more than seven years.
- Holiday Marketing 7: Small Business Saturday - November 23, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 6: Support your service providers - November 16, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 5: Share the causes you care about - November 9, 2015
- Brag Basket is the place for conversation - November 6, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 4: Spotlight on Community - November 2, 2015
- Engaging businesses with school entrepreneurship programs - October 27, 2015
- Holiday marketing 3: Spotlight a local business - October 26, 2015
- 3 Ways to teach kids to be entrepreneurs - October 20, 2015
- Holiday marketing 2015 – Set your cover photos - October 19, 2015
- Never ask anyone to do something you don’t want to, right? Wrong. - October 12, 2015