Buzz words, the hot topic – You know what I am talking about. Go to a networking event and just listen.
As you listen, there is a good chance you will hear certain words, tactics, techniques or ideas brought up and discussed several times. These same words are ones that you are probably also seeing in print or on the Internet.
The first time, and maybe for several more times after that, you probably have no idea what people are talking or writing about. And you may ask yourself, why should you care?
The need to care is that these hot topics are a sign of the changing landscape surrounding your business. Yes, it’s true that many of them are not relevant to your operation or that the idea is not a trend but simply a fad. But one, two or more are a rich nugget for the potential development of your business.
These new ideas represent change, change desired by your customers and/or suppliers. It offers insight into what they need or want. It reflects their potential behavior if you can meet the expectations.
But listening and analyzing is not enough. You need to take action. Without implementation, the time you spent in this activity adds nothing to your bottom line. It is only a cost.
As you find ideas that seem to hold promise, you need to:
- Dig deeper – Learn more about the idea, technique, or tactic.
- Check with others who have already implemented it
- Plan the launch
- Do it
Buzz words – Find AND IMPLEMENT the nuggets among the rubble.
- Change - December 26, 2018
- Regular Customers Form Your Base - December 12, 2018
- Disasters: Is Your Small Business Ready? - December 5, 2018
- Business Startup: Steps to Remember - November 28, 2018
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM SMALL BIZ SURVIVAL - November 21, 2018
- Finding a Business Idea - November 14, 2018
- Does Your Networking Have Punch? - November 7, 2018
- Build Tomorrow’s Community Business Sector - October 24, 2018
- Are You Changing? - October 17, 2018
- Is it really a deal? - October 10, 2018