The “shop local, shop independent” message is starting to get through. More shoppers say they prefer small local stores over big boxes, according to the Deluxe Annual Holiday Shopping Survey.
What can a small town do to keep the momentum alive through the last of the holiday shopping season? Join with other small towns and local organizations in Shift Your Shopping.
Shift Your Shopping provides both physical materials you can order and downloadable information you can put to work immediately.
- Print the downloadable poster for your store.
- Use the Shift Your Shopping Logo in your ads and online.
- Put the audio PSAs on your local radio station. (You can pay the station and make them ads.)
- Join the Shift Your Shopping for Good campaign to donate a percentage to the charity of the shopper’s choice. Use the campy Kevin Bacon video to promote it.
- Get your chamber or other local organization involved. Not gonna happen? Grab one other local business owner, and get involved together.
Are you building your own Shop Local campaign? Get our Shop Local Campaigns for Small Towns guide.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021