Farming is an organic process of seasons and cycles, and so is marketing. In fact, I think marketers and business people have a lot to learn from farmers.
On The Pulse on Marketing show, I shared some of these ideas.
The “reaping rules” we talked about in the video were outlined in a guest post at Marketing Profs: What Marketers Can Learn from Farmers. (free sign up required) Then Ragan picked up that same post with the title, What communicators can learn from farmers. It goes beyond irrigation and crop rotation. (no sign up required)
If you’d like to book me as a speaker for 2013, stop by my speaking site.
- Redesign your downtown without breaking the budget - July 29, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #6: Innovative - July 28, 2014
- Brag Basket is for sharing good news - July 25, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #5: More knowledgeable - July 21, 2014
- Brag Basket for July 18 - July 18, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #4: More flexible - July 14, 2014
- In the Brag Basket, success tastes sweet - July 11, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #3: Fewer Layers - July 7, 2014
- Brag Basket on July 4 means celebration - July 4, 2014
- Why rural is key to developing Unmanned Aerial Systems - July 2, 2014