Farming is an organic process of seasons and cycles, and so is marketing. In fact, I think marketers and business people have a lot to learn from farmers.
On The Pulse on Marketing show, I shared some of these ideas.
The “reaping rules” we talked about in the video were outlined in a guest post at Marketing Profs: What Marketers Can Learn from Farmers. (free sign up required) Then Ragan picked up that same post with the title, What communicators can learn from farmers. It goes beyond irrigation and crop rotation. (no sign up required)
If you’d like to book me as a speaker for 2013, stop by my speaking site.
- Brag Basket goes to the beach - August 29, 2014
- How I found my mission in three kinda-easy steps - August 26, 2014
- Recruiting new residents: help them find out they’ll love your town - August 19, 2014
- Should I charge by the hour or by the project? - August 18, 2014
- Finding Mona’s Market, a small town business picture-story - August 12, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #7: Benefiting the Local Community - August 4, 2014
- Redesign your downtown without breaking the budget - July 29, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #6: Innovative - July 28, 2014
- Brag Basket is for sharing good news - July 25, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #5: More knowledgeable - July 21, 2014