Farming is an organic process of seasons and cycles, and so is marketing. In fact, I think marketers and business people have a lot to learn from farmers.
On The Pulse on Marketing show, I shared some of these ideas.
The “reaping rules” we talked about in the video were outlined in a guest post at Marketing Profs: What Marketers Can Learn from Farmers. (free sign up required) Then Ragan picked up that same post with the title, What communicators can learn from farmers. It goes beyond irrigation and crop rotation. (no sign up required)
If you’d like to book me as a speaker for 2013, stop by my speaking site.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019