Farming is an organic process of seasons and cycles, and so is marketing. In fact, I think marketers and business people have a lot to learn from farmers.
On The Pulse on Marketing show, I shared some of these ideas.
The “reaping rules” we talked about in the video were outlined in a guest post at Marketing Profs: What Marketers Can Learn from Farmers. (free sign up required) Then Ragan picked up that same post with the title, What communicators can learn from farmers. It goes beyond irrigation and crop rotation. (no sign up required)
If you’d like to book me as a speaker for 2013, stop by my speaking site.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022