That would be Sheila Scarborough. She’s spent hours, years really, getting good with web 2.0, social media, marketing, and how this all comes together as tourism 2.0. Here’s the result of all this deliberate practice: Social Media – What It Is and Why It Matters to Travel and Tourism. It’s a $9 ebook, and it is worth 10 times that as inside information for tourism professionals.
Together, Sheila and I are creating something new. More about that in a separate post, coming right up. You’re going to love it.
- Truck your good news over to the Brag Basket - March 3, 2015
- How do you say no to donation requests? - March 2, 2015
- Your weekly appointment with your business - February 23, 2015
- Help for small towns with no streetlights - February 17, 2015
- How Randolph, Nebraska, turned a dilapidated property into a new spec house - February 16, 2015
- How do you stop extending credit and still keep your customers? - February 9, 2015
- Talk about the problems. Sell the results. Teach the basics. - February 2, 2015
- 19 things you can do with a building that has no roof - January 19, 2015
- How to cut down on the nasty surprises in business - January 12, 2015
- The problem with statewide meetings that ignore rural - January 5, 2015