My husband asked, “Does this still come up?” Yes, unfortunately, it still does. Right now, about 27 million worldwide people are forced laborers, slaves. Really. Sad, isn’t it? It’s so common, the State of Texas printed posters about it.
Diana Scimone works all the time trying to build awareness of modern slavery and to end it. She invited me to participate in National Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Awareness Day. I wasn’t sure I had much to add. But once I was thinking about it, I saw this poster. How many times have a ignored similar signs?
That’s how awareness building works; it makes you notice things.
To notice what Born to Fly International is doing to stop child trafficking and slavery, visit www.born2fly.org.
- 10 Ways to use an iPad or Android tablet in retail - March 23, 2015
- Ag plays a key role in rural prosperity - March 18, 2015
- How to promote special events in a small town - March 16, 2015
- How do you get local businesses to join the chamber or business association? - March 11, 2015
- 10 Ideas to make your Grand Opening more than just a sale - March 9, 2015
- Truck your good news over to the Brag Basket - March 3, 2015
- How do you say no to donation requests? - March 2, 2015
- Your weekly appointment with your business - February 23, 2015
- Help for small towns with no streetlights - February 17, 2015
- How Randolph, Nebraska, turned a dilapidated property into a new spec house - February 16, 2015