My husband asked, “Does this still come up?” Yes, unfortunately, it still does. Right now, about 27 million worldwide people are forced laborers, slaves. Really. Sad, isn’t it? It’s so common, the State of Texas printed posters about it.
Diana Scimone works all the time trying to build awareness of modern slavery and to end it. She invited me to participate in National Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Awareness Day. I wasn’t sure I had much to add. But once I was thinking about it, I saw this poster. How many times have a ignored similar signs?
That’s how awareness building works; it makes you notice things.
To notice what Born to Fly International is doing to stop child trafficking and slavery, visit www.born2fly.org.
- No, really, my business needs a new sign - July 25, 2016
- Small town business secrets for coping with limited suppliers - July 5, 2016
- 4 Reasons for small towns to setup downtown wifi areas - June 27, 2016
- Business isn’t problems, business is change - June 20, 2016
- The assumptions you start with - May 16, 2016
- Who will buy the business when the owners retire? - May 9, 2016
- What small town stores can do on slow days - May 2, 2016
- Beauty Salons as Business Incubators - April 25, 2016
- I love everything about business fairs except where they are held - April 18, 2016
- Collisions, Serendipity and the Hybrid Vigor of Ideas - April 11, 2016