My husband asked, “Does this still come up?” Yes, unfortunately, it still does. Right now, about 27 million worldwide people are forced laborers, slaves. Really. Sad, isn’t it? It’s so common, the State of Texas printed posters about it.
Diana Scimone works all the time trying to build awareness of modern slavery and to end it. She invited me to participate in National Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Awareness Day. I wasn’t sure I had much to add. But once I was thinking about it, I saw this poster. How many times have a ignored similar signs?
That’s how awareness building works; it makes you notice things.
To notice what Born to Fly International is doing to stop child trafficking and slavery, visit www.born2fly.org.
- Making evening hours profitable for small town retail stores - September 26, 2016
- Getting past the quote stage - September 19, 2016
- How to attract location-independent workers to small towns - September 12, 2016
- Catching the tourists before they head out for the day - September 6, 2016
- The small towns that survive will be the ones that are open to new ideas - August 29, 2016
- The secret to rural jobs creation: connections - August 22, 2016
- The beliefs I start with - August 15, 2016
- Warning: Are you breaking the law by gathering email addresses? - August 8, 2016
- How do you get merchants to work together? - August 1, 2016
- No, really, my business needs a new sign - July 25, 2016