My husband asked, “Does this still come up?” Yes, unfortunately, it still does. Right now, about 27 million worldwide people are forced laborers, slaves. Really. Sad, isn’t it? It’s so common, the State of Texas printed posters about it.
Diana Scimone works all the time trying to build awareness of modern slavery and to end it. She invited me to participate in National Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Awareness Day. I wasn’t sure I had much to add. But once I was thinking about it, I saw this poster. How many times have a ignored similar signs?
That’s how awareness building works; it makes you notice things.
To notice what Born to Fly International is doing to stop child trafficking and slavery, visit www.born2fly.org.
- How to find out where your tourists come from - February 1, 2016
- To-do lists are overwhelming and depressing. 1 trick to fix that. - January 25, 2016
- Sorry I didn’t read your “rural is dying” article - January 19, 2016
- People appreciate the opportunity to pay more - January 18, 2016
- Small Biz Survival turns 10 - January 15, 2016
- How to get small town businesses to cooperate - January 4, 2016
- Holiday marketing 12: Thank your customers - December 28, 2015
- Holiday marketing 11: Share your family traditions - December 21, 2015
- What do you need to know to run a rural grocery store? - December 15, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 10: Introduce your people - December 14, 2015