Fewer and fewer kids learn to read and write in cursive, so it’s time to stop ordering business signs with cursive or script lettering.
You might have seen the memes and jokes.
Someday all us old people will use cursive as secret code.
But you might not have thought about how this applies to your small business signs.
And we’ve all seen signs we couldn’t read because they used dense Old English script lettering.
Absolutely have to have script or cursive for your brand? Make sure any words in script are optional.
In the picture of the Alva’s Market sign, it would probably be ok to make the word “Alva” cursive since that’s the name of the town you’re standing in when you look at it. You don’t have to understand the word Alva to understand the business. The word “Market” is essential to understanding that you can buy food here. For all future signs, best to put that in plain block letters.
If you have existing signs with cursive lettering, start saving now for replacements.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022