As homes have gotten smaller and sprouted wheels in the tiny house movement, what of the home office? When does it get its wheels?
A couple of years ago, a European company started creating and renting out “wilderness offices” in tiny yet upscale trailers placed in relaxing rural settings. They were “off the grid” in that the trailers provided their own solar power, but definitely “on the net” with internet and wifi included.
Enter my podcasting friend Brian Mininger from Virginia. He’s starting to build small upscale mobile offices. Their target is entrepreneurs or professionals who want to work from home, but don’t necessarily want to work in their house.
“Building these studio trailers is one of the ways that we are working to build our small town community,” Brian said. “This provides jobs locally, and we can sell these units all over the country.”
I think there’s a business opportunity here to buy Studio Trailers from Brian’s Bear Creek and set them up as wilderness offices in rural places, then rent them out to city slickers who need a break from urban life.
Or maybe there’s a tiny office co-working space in your future, with Studio Trailers all parked in a group.
Get creative! What could you do with tiny office trailers in your small town?
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022