Download file | Duration: 3:20| Size: 3.1M
One of the most common questions I hear from small town businesses that make a product is about wholesaling. Should they sell at direct markets? Should they sell to retailers at a discount? If so, how do they ever afford it?
So I asked Donna Maria from Indie Biz Network about wholesaling and selling your own product in markets. And I have 3 minutes of her answer for you, in audio.
She explains why selling your own goods at a market (like a farmers market or craft show) often leads to a struggling business, and how to sell beyond that market. How can you create a business that spans the next 30 years of your life?
Donna Maria is an experienced business coach. She connects independent businesses like soap makers, cosmetics makers, etc., with each other. Her Indie Biz Network offers them benefits like access to product liability insurance, training, and mentoring. I’m drawn to her no-excuses approach.
This exchange was actually in the outtakes from my interview with Donna Maria, telling the story of her own business. You’ll find the full interview in our podcast, here:
Donna Maria tells her small town business story
You can view all the Positive View of Rural Podcast episodes here.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022