This one is especially for the downtown businesses.
Standing in downtown Waterville, Maine, surrounding by big crowds for the Memorial Day parade, Marc Pitman tweeted in frustration:
The marketer in me is going nuts. Hundreds of people here downtown. WHY AREN’T BUSINESSES OPEN!? Selling coffee, anything for foot traffic!
— Marc A. Pitman (@marcapitman) May 27, 2013
I know you want time off. I know you want to see the parade.
But don’t you dream of seeing hundreds of people downtown? Well, here they are. How can you serve their needs right now?
Yeah, I know the crowds are used to showing up, sitting around, watching, then dispersing. But you could:
- sell coffee or snacks
- give away coffee or snacks
- hand out flags
- give away samples
- hold a prize drawing
- offer free wifi
What could you add to this list?
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019
- Getting people to mix at an event - May 27, 2019