One of the principles of a small town business is to be personal. Sometimes, automation can help you to be personal.
Here’s what I mean.
A friend was taking registrations for an event. If you’ve ever dealt with event registrations, you know it generates a lot of emails. One of the options in his marketing software was to send an email to anyone who started to register for the event, but stopped for some reason and still hadn’t registered within an hour. He chose to send a simple email along the lines of, “If you have any questions or are having trouble registering, just reply and I’ll help you out.” He actually wasn’t sure he should, afraid it would be “too pushy.” But there was no way for him to watch every single person attempt to register and send an email if they needed help without automation.
The first email he got back was a potential attendee worried the event would sell out before he could get the approvals he needed to make the purchase. So my friend held a ticket for him.
So automation can help you be more personal, but only if you are smart and selective about the automation you set up.
Take a look at your own marketing processes. Where can you set up some simple automation that will help you to be personal in ways you otherwise couldn’t be?
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019
- Better entrepreneur training for small towns - November 4, 2019
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019