Do you have a strategic plan or a marketing plan? If you do, that’s the place to start with social media. It doesn’t matter whether you are planning for a small business, a tourism group, or an economic development organization. You start in the same place.
2. Now, write the action steps that put social media to work on those goals. For example, if your goal is to become an authority on your niche, your daily action might be to find and tweet five relevant links, or to answer two related questions on LinkedIn.
3. Next, put those action steps on a index card, like a checklist.
4. Finally, set a scheduled time for your social media activity. Maybe the first thing in the morning, or 30 minutes after your lunch. Follow your checklist.
There you go. A four step way to integrate social media into your existing plans. And to do it without giving up your entire life to do it.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021