[Our Friend Cody Heitschmidt has a new project. I offered him a few ideas, but he needs your ideas, too. -Becky]
No, really, I want your thoughts!
I love my hometown, but just like my kids, I know there is room for improvement.
Will the readers of Small Biz Survival help me with thoughts/discussion/ideas on what we can do with this new venture to improve on a great little town (population 40,000) in the middle of Kansas?
1. What kind of events should we pursue? Don’t come back with local community concerts, we already got those. Gimme something I haven’t thought of?
2. How do we get a younger crowd involved in community events?Short of booking Kenny Chesney (little short of being able to pay his fees?!?!?)
3. How do we use this facility to actually improve the economic situation of our community? (It’s in the dead middle of our downtown, this is a baited question!)
4. Becky McCray rocks and if she doesn’t include this on this blog post I will sue her for infringing on my copyright with unapproved editing. [I paid Cody $20 to put that in there. ;) -Becky]
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019