Rural areas with sparse population, like western Oklahoma and Kansas, are up against a brick wall that is a workforce shortage.
G.L. Hoffman has the story of his cousin Craig, offering $50,000 a year, health care, and home, for farm workers. No takers. Too far out in the country. Too much hard work. Too little urban-style recreation.
Our local health care industry is looking for more ways to grow our own workforce, reaching down to eighth grade to start.
Demographics are not in our favor. Our rural towns are aging out, and quickly.
What might save us? Generation Y. Highly entrepreneurial. Extremely engaged. Make sure you and your community are reaching out to get them engaged with you. Because you don’t want to end up with no takers.
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022