Want a trend report that pays attention to small town trends? Read the top 10 trends for 2008 from Jack Schultz, author of Boomtown USA.
My top 5 picks from his list are:
NWOSU Ranger Rodeo Team,
These Millennials are shaping
the future of small towns
1. Millennials-Hard to believe that this generation, ages 10 to 27, dwarfs the Baby Boomers in size. Schultz says these young people are going to be the most entrepreneurial in the history of the USA. Are you ready to recruit and retain these forward-thinking young people?
3. Education-Schultz puts the emphasis on world class primary and secondary schools, entrepreneurial education, community colleges and technology centers. Are you partnering now with local educators?
7. Enviropreneurs-No matter what your business, start taking action on this one. If you are looking for business ideas, look in this field.
8. Niche Ag-This is another place to look for ideas. Schultz talks about diversifying crops and promoting local and organic food. He’s absolutely right.
10. Birds Beating Birdies-Golf is slipping in importance, Schultz says. Bird watching, hiking and biking are rising.
What trends are you planning for?
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021