Today is the 10th birthday of Small Biz Survival.
My first article was Can you build a growing small business in a declining small town? on January 15, 2006.
Over the past ten years together, we’ve created 2,448 posts. That includes 482 Brag Baskets, 1667 posts by me, and at least 299 contributor posts. (It’s possible a few early ones have my name on them still.) Glenn Muske, Jon Swanson, and Zane Safrit all deserve special recognition for their many contributions. Thank you! Extra special recognition is due to Jeanne Cole and my mom, Glenna Mae Hendricks, who both believed in me at the very beginning, supported this project in many ways and wrote lots of stories.
You’ve added your part to the story, too. Yes, you. Together, you have added 7,467 comments. I thank you for every single one.
Lots of small businesses in small towns have told their stories here. We’ve answered a lot of business questions. We’ve helped who knows how many people be more prosperous in their small town.
Are we stopping any time soon? No. We have a lot more to say, questions to answer, stories to share and encouragement to offer. I hope you have a lot more comments to add.
Today is also Friday. That means Brag Basket. I’d love to hear your good news, especially today. Take a moment to think about how different your business and town are today than they were in 2006. Please, tell us just a little about your progress in the Brag Basket, right here. Just leave a comment. Or if you’re reading this in your email, just hit reply. I’ll post it in the comments for you.
Thank you. I know I said that, but you don’t know how much I mean it. Thank you.
- 3 actions to start a local business - October 24, 2016
- What restaurant franchises and chains work in small towns? - October 17, 2016
- Your customers want you to change the world - October 10, 2016
- Making evening hours profitable for small town retail stores - September 26, 2016
- Getting past the quote stage - September 19, 2016
- How to attract location-independent workers to small towns - September 12, 2016
- Catching the tourists before they head out for the day - September 6, 2016
- The small towns that survive will be the ones that are open to new ideas - August 29, 2016
- The secret to rural jobs creation: connections - August 22, 2016
- The beliefs I start with - August 15, 2016