Today is the 10th birthday of Small Biz Survival.
My first article was Can you build a growing small business in a declining small town? on January 15, 2006.
Over the past ten years together, we’ve created 2,448 posts. That includes 482 Brag Baskets, 1667 posts by me, and at least 299 contributor posts. (It’s possible a few early ones have my name on them still.) Glenn Muske, Jon Swanson, and Zane Safrit all deserve special recognition for their many contributions. Thank you! Extra special recognition is due to Jeanne Cole and my mom, Glenna Mae Hendricks, who both believed in me at the very beginning, supported this project in many ways and wrote lots of stories.
You’ve added your part to the story, too. Yes, you. Together, you have added 7,467 comments. I thank you for every single one.
Lots of small businesses in small towns have told their stories here. We’ve answered a lot of business questions. We’ve helped who knows how many people be more prosperous in their small town.
Are we stopping any time soon? No. We have a lot more to say, questions to answer, stories to share and encouragement to offer. I hope you have a lot more comments to add.
Today is also Friday. That means Brag Basket. I’d love to hear your good news, especially today. Take a moment to think about how different your business and town are today than they were in 2006. Please, tell us just a little about your progress in the Brag Basket, right here. Just leave a comment. Or if you’re reading this in your email, just hit reply. I’ll post it in the comments for you.
Thank you. I know I said that, but you don’t know how much I mean it. Thank you.
- Snack on good news in the Brag Basket - June 24, 2016
- Business isn’t problems, business is change - June 20, 2016
- The assumptions you start with - May 16, 2016
- Who will buy the business when the owners retire? - May 9, 2016
- What small town stores can do on slow days - May 2, 2016
- Beauty Salons as Business Incubators - April 25, 2016
- I love everything about business fairs except where they are held - April 18, 2016
- Collisions, Serendipity and the Hybrid Vigor of Ideas - April 11, 2016
- Have a town history video? How about a town future video? - April 4, 2016
- Small town tourism activity: Architectural scavenger hunt - March 28, 2016