Joanna Young asked her readers to pick their best post of the year. What was our best small business article from all of 2008? I think it would have to be our Checklists for starting your first business.
My friend Chris suggested the post at SXSW. I got some help from Maesz, and we wrote it up. Chris liked the post, bragged about it, and Lifehack picked it up from there. That put us on the Popular list at (what was at the time still called) del.icio.us. As of right now, the workshop I proposed based on this post is still in consideration for SXSW 09. (knock wood, hold thumbs, cross your fingers)
More importantly, a whole bunch of actual small business owners commented, asked questions, and joined the discussion because of it. Then it launched our Small Biz 100 series. So far we’re up to 30 posts focused on hands-on business basics for you. All because Chris made a suggestion.
Joanna asked us to finish this sentence, in under 30 words:
This post is simply the best because…
If you got to pick, what post of ours would you say was simply the best? What about your own posts? Have a special favorite this year?
- 6 innovative small business models in small towns - October 5, 2015
- Picking your Holiday 2015 marketing theme - September 28, 2015
- Small town, big company: Ditch Witch - September 22, 2015
- Small town tourism — city folks love small towns - September 15, 2015
- How Siri can help small town businesses make more sales - September 14, 2015
- How small town stores can start subscription box services and reap extra sales - September 8, 2015
- 7 Big retail tricks that small town stores can use - August 31, 2015
- Tasty good news in the Brag Basket - August 21, 2015
- Small town, big company: Jiffy Mix - August 17, 2015
- What to do when festivals and events block your store - August 10, 2015