Joanna Young asked her readers to pick their best post of the year. What was our best small business article from all of 2008? I think it would have to be our Checklists for starting your first business.
My friend Chris suggested the post at SXSW. I got some help from Maesz, and we wrote it up. Chris liked the post, bragged about it, and Lifehack picked it up from there. That put us on the Popular list at (what was at the time still called) del.icio.us. As of right now, the workshop I proposed based on this post is still in consideration for SXSW 09. (knock wood, hold thumbs, cross your fingers)
More importantly, a whole bunch of actual small business owners commented, asked questions, and joined the discussion because of it. Then it launched our Small Biz 100 series. So far we’re up to 30 posts focused on hands-on business basics for you. All because Chris made a suggestion.
Joanna asked us to finish this sentence, in under 30 words:
This post is simply the best because…
If you got to pick, what post of ours would you say was simply the best? What about your own posts? Have a special favorite this year?
- The easiest way to podcast is from your phone - June 18, 2018
- Dress up empty buildings with these creative window ideas - June 11, 2018
- Expensive code compliance doesn’t have to ruin your small town - May 28, 2018
- The next big opportunity downtown: the rooftops - May 14, 2018
- I’d like to feed business plan competitions to the sharks - May 7, 2018
- What can you do when a traffic detour cuts down on visitors to town? - April 30, 2018
- Are conferences and events worth your time and money? Here’s how to make sure - April 23, 2018
- Six big themes for small town entrepreneurship - April 16, 2018
- Check this list? Did I get your topic on there? - April 9, 2018
- If you help your customers to create a plan, don’t leave out this essential item - April 2, 2018