Are you a proficient online gamer or metaworld master based in a rural community? You could make a small business out of being a virtual world tour guide.
Years ago, a now-defunct business ideas site profiled Synthtravels, a business that offered guided tours of online virtual worlds.
If you’ve heard of the metaverse or virtual worlds, but didn’t know how to begin or where to go or what to do, why not let a real person act as tour guide and show you around? That’s the idea of this business.
As online worlds increasingly overlay and relate to the physical world through augmented reality, connecting with a guide makes even more sense.
I can imagine starting with Zoom or video calls to help the customer setup hardware like VR goggles, or to get started with the software behind worlds like Decentraland, Fortnite, or Horizon World.
Then imagine customers venturing into the virtual world, but with a guide at their side to answer questions and ease them through common initial issues.
After that, there’s potential in helping people set up wallets, learn about tokens and NFTs, and understand the blockchain underpinnings of the metaverse.
If you are experienced with virtual worlds, this is a business or sideline you could operate from anywhere you can get online. You could target niche groups of customers, like parents curious about what kids might experience and business executives trying to get started in this new market.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022