Every small town has its own set of assets, issues and opportunities, but many of us share common challenges. We created the Survey of Rural Challenges so you could share your own view of rural, and we could better help you.
A total of 479 people answered our previous surveys, and we’d like your help to get an updated view. We’re asking about challenges to your community and your business, and what’s working well or not so much.
Add your input here:
Survey of Rural Challenges 2019.
We use the results to create practical steps that help you shape a better future for your town. Your responses also get shared out to others who work with rural communities through articles and media stories.
Wouldn’t it be great if the people who say they want to help rural people would actually listen to rural people’s own challenges?! That’s why you should take this survey!
If you’d like to help get the word out, that would be great!
You can share this survey to your own members, subscribers, readers, followers or friends. You can put it in your newsletter, on social media, on your website, or anywhere else you think rural people will be likely to help us out.
The survey will close July 30, 2019.
Results will be posted on our Survey of Rural Challenges page.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020