Every small town has its own set of assets, issues and opportunities, but many of us share common challenges. We created the Survey of Rural Challenges so you could share your own view of rural, and we could better help you.
A total of 479 people answered our previous surveys, and we’d like your help to get an updated view. We’re asking about challenges to your community and your business, and what’s working well or not so much.
Add your input here:
Survey of Rural Challenges 2019.
We use the results to create practical steps that help you shape a better future for your town. Your responses also get shared out to others who work with rural communities through articles and media stories.
Wouldn’t it be great if the people who say they want to help rural people would actually listen to rural people’s own challenges?! That’s why you should take this survey!
If you’d like to help get the word out, that would be great!
You can share this survey to your own members, subscribers, readers, followers or friends. You can put it in your newsletter, on social media, on your website, or anywhere else you think rural people will be likely to help us out.
The survey will close July 30, 2019.
Results will be posted on our Survey of Rural Challenges page.
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019