When you hold events downtown, the businesses that aren’t located downtown sometimes feel left out. There’s one bank not in downtown, that figured out a great way to participate in the First Thursday fun in downtown Colfax, Washington.
They could have done what other groups are doing and set up a booth on the sidewalk and handed out their advertising items and talked to people. They were smart, though, and didn’t do a booth. They went mobile.
The bank has an insulated cooler. They filled it with ice cream bars, popsicles and frozen treats. Then they put it on a wagon and pulled it around the event, handing out cool goodness.
Was it effective advertising for their business? I can’t say, but I can tell you it was effective community building.
Here’s your assignment: figure out how you could be a part of the next downtown event by going mobile.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022