When you hold events downtown, the businesses that aren’t located downtown sometimes feel left out. There’s one bank not in downtown, that figured out a great way to participate in the First Thursday fun in downtown Colfax, Washington.
They could have done what other groups are doing and set up a booth on the sidewalk and handed out their advertising items and talked to people. They were smart, though, and didn’t do a booth. They went mobile.
The bank has an insulated cooler. They filled it with ice cream bars, popsicles and frozen treats. Then they put it on a wagon and pulled it around the event, handing out cool goodness.
Was it effective advertising for their business? I can’t say, but I can tell you it was effective community building.
Here’s your assignment: figure out how you could be a part of the next downtown event by going mobile.
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019
- Getting people to mix at an event - May 27, 2019