I have taken the plunge and have gotten into social media. Now what?
Is this what you are thinking? Does the “Field of Dreams” syndrome, build it and they will come, drive your effort? If only it were that easy.
Part of getting followers to your online efforts requires you to be regular in posting. And your posts must be more than just a sales flyer or a picture of the store. Good social media efforts not only provide that information (in small amounts – maybe 10 to 20 percent of the time), but it tells your story and the story of your business. It talks about your interests and even random items that you find interesting or that might interest your audience.
But where do you find all this content?
- Some comes from following others. Maybe there is something you want to re-post.
- Or perhaps it’s a trend you want to participate in (remember the water-bucket challenge). Do it and post your picture was the idea.
- Maybe it’s something going on in your community.
- It may be something you learned at a recent convention or read in a trade magazine.
- And some comes from you, your employees and your family.
And a great thing is that few words are needed. You don’t have to spend hours wording a long article. Just take a picture and add a caption. Or perhaps it is a video showing how a product works or fireworks over the local lake. With today’s smartphones, video is available anywhere and everywhere.
As you begin this journey, learn how to track what connects with your audience. Then do more of those items that make people take action. Engaging with people builds your presence.
Being effective in social media means being consistent in your posting. It isn’t a one-and-done tool (neither are any marketing tools).
Having a presence is good. Being involved is great!!
- Fill a Need with Your Business - June 20, 2018
- Is This Service? - June 13, 2018
- Customer Retention Pays - June 6, 2018
- Customer Loyalty Vital to Business - May 30, 2018
- Building Effective Rewards Programs - May 16, 2018
- My Small Business has a Social Media Presence. Where are the Clients? - May 9, 2018
- Tips for Starting Your Business - May 2, 2018
- Going Outside the Box When Operating Your Rural Grocery (or Other Rural Store) - April 25, 2018
- Work/Life Balance - April 18, 2018
- A Sustainable Advantage - April 11, 2018