If part of the services you provide includes helping people make a plan, be sure you don’t stop there. If you don’t address this pitfall, it’s going to hurt your sales and hold potential customers back.
Everyday people, like your customers, want to have a plan, but they have an important doubt. They fear they’ll never actually get it done. They already have too much to do!
They think they’ll fail to follow through, or they’ll get distracted, or things will change before they can get around to doing the things you so carefully planned for them.
That means they hesitate about buying. They hold back from signing up.
How you help
You probably don’t just help people design a plan, then say, “You’re on your own!” Of course not. You provide some kind of support in taking action.
Maybe you offer coaching or weekly check-ins to support their progress.
Maybe you can actually start carrying out the plan for them, with a “done for you” service. For example, you might help a customer create a marketing plan that includes advertising on Facebook, then you can actually start creating the ads for them.
How do you support your customers once you’ve helped them make the plan? Think through all the ways you do that so we can let them know.
In order to remove the fear for your customers, you need to let them know early on that you’ll be there for them after the plan is done.
Everyplace you discuss or describe your planning service, be sure to include how you can help them after the plan. If there’s an added cost, say so.
Your customers will be relieved that they won’t be alone with the plan. You’ll make more sales for the planning service and make more customers aware of the support services.
- 3 Types of Income Producing Activities: discovering, nurturing, delivering - June 25, 2018
- The easiest way to podcast is from your phone - June 18, 2018
- Dress up empty buildings with these creative window ideas - June 11, 2018
- Expensive code compliance doesn’t have to ruin your small town - May 28, 2018
- The next big opportunity downtown: the rooftops - May 14, 2018
- I’d like to feed business plan competitions to the sharks - May 7, 2018
- What can you do when a traffic detour cuts down on visitors to town? - April 30, 2018
- Are conferences and events worth your time and money? Here’s how to make sure - April 23, 2018
- Six big themes for small town entrepreneurship - April 16, 2018
- Check this list? Did I get your topic on there? - April 9, 2018