If part of the services you provide includes helping people make a plan, be sure you don’t stop there. If you don’t address this pitfall, it’s going to hurt your sales and hold potential customers back.
Everyday people, like your customers, want to have a plan, but they have an important doubt. They fear they’ll never actually get it done. They already have too much to do!
They think they’ll fail to follow through, or they’ll get distracted, or things will change before they can get around to doing the things you so carefully planned for them.
That means they hesitate about buying. They hold back from signing up.
How you help
You probably don’t just help people design a plan, then say, “You’re on your own!” Of course not. You provide some kind of support in taking action.
Maybe you offer coaching or weekly check-ins to support their progress.
Maybe you can actually start carrying out the plan for them, with a “done for you” service. For example, you might help a customer create a marketing plan that includes advertising on Facebook, then you can actually start creating the ads for them.
How do you support your customers once you’ve helped them make the plan? Think through all the ways you do that so we can let them know.
In order to remove the fear for your customers, you need to let them know early on that you’ll be there for them after the plan is done.
Everyplace you discuss or describe your planning service, be sure to include how you can help them after the plan. If there’s an added cost, say so.
Your customers will be relieved that they won’t be alone with the plan. You’ll make more sales for the planning service and make more customers aware of the support services.
- What is holding us back? Why does every project take so long in small towns? - December 3, 2018
- Control your business holiday lights with smart home tools - November 19, 2018
- Don’t bother to mention the benefits unless you tie them to this - November 12, 2018
- What business does every small town need? A store full of tiny retail spaces - November 5, 2018
- How any business can be part of downtown events by going mobile - October 29, 2018
- Support local entrepreneurship by giving Rising Stars business awards - October 22, 2018
- Why do people say there’s nothing to do here then not come to our concerts? - October 15, 2018
- Need more volunteers? Give everyone a tiny role - October 8, 2018
- Retailers: Fill all empty space, floor to ceiling - October 1, 2018
- Shipping container businesses downtown: don’t make this big mistake - September 24, 2018