Lots of small town business people tell me they just aren’t sure how to behave on social media. They don’t know what to say, or how to act. Which is funny, because they are the perfect model.
|If you know how to work with customers in person,
you know how to work with customers online.
That’s my theory.
See, I think small town business owners know exactly how to act when a customer walks right up to them. Why should it be different online? I know it is a bit different, but the same attitude of service is there.
I keep writing about this, because it’s absolutely true. The latest is at Marketing Profs: The Liquor Store Model for Social Media Marketing Success. (You have to sign in, but there is no fee.)
If you own a store in a small town, then you’re ahead of anyone who doesn’t. You already know that you have to build connections, get involved, think long-term, be honest, be helpful, and all the other keys. This time, your small town background is an advantage.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022