You’ll get more work done when you’re dressed professionally.
|Shama Hyder Kabani is dressed for an important presentation.
That’s a good guideline for dressing to be productive.
Why? Because you feel different. You feel more professional when you are dressed to match.
I even find shoes make a difference. If I’m wearing shoes, I get more done than if I’m relaxed with my shoes off. Weird, huh? But it works.
Here’s another example. I talked to an entrepreneur recently who was still getting ready for a morning shower, and this was at 3pm. Do you think that doesn’t affect productivity?
So what qualifies as professional? While that depends on the work you do, I would say this is a good guideline:
Dress like you’re attending an important business meeting or giving an important presentation.
Don’t believe me? Try it yourself. Pick one day per week. Dress for business, the more formal, the better. Work that way all day. Check your results. Then stop by and tell us how it went.
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021