You’ll get more work done when you’re dressed professionally.
|Shama Hyder Kabani is dressed for an important presentation.
That’s a good guideline for dressing to be productive.
Why? Because you feel different. You feel more professional when you are dressed to match.
I even find shoes make a difference. If I’m wearing shoes, I get more done than if I’m relaxed with my shoes off. Weird, huh? But it works.
Here’s another example. I talked to an entrepreneur recently who was still getting ready for a morning shower, and this was at 3pm. Do you think that doesn’t affect productivity?
So what qualifies as professional? While that depends on the work you do, I would say this is a good guideline:
Dress like you’re attending an important business meeting or giving an important presentation.
Don’t believe me? Try it yourself. Pick one day per week. Dress for business, the more formal, the better. Work that way all day. Check your results. Then stop by and tell us how it went.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020