You’ll get more work done when you’re dressed professionally.
|Shama Hyder Kabani is dressed for an important presentation.
That’s a good guideline for dressing to be productive.
Why? Because you feel different. You feel more professional when you are dressed to match.
I even find shoes make a difference. If I’m wearing shoes, I get more done than if I’m relaxed with my shoes off. Weird, huh? But it works.
Here’s another example. I talked to an entrepreneur recently who was still getting ready for a morning shower, and this was at 3pm. Do you think that doesn’t affect productivity?
So what qualifies as professional? While that depends on the work you do, I would say this is a good guideline:
Dress like you’re attending an important business meeting or giving an important presentation.
Don’t believe me? Try it yourself. Pick one day per week. Dress for business, the more formal, the better. Work that way all day. Check your results. Then stop by and tell us how it went.
- Want more public attendance at your events? Make sure your signs include this specific phrase - February 18, 2019
- Who’s asking your customer questions? - February 11, 2019
- How restaurants can market each other in small towns - February 4, 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for rural small business - January 28, 2019
- What businesses would work in a small town with empty land - January 21, 2019
- Two 2019 small business trends that are good for small towns - January 14, 2019
- Small towns as testing grounds for future technology - December 31, 2018
- Empty building ideas: Art gallery in the windows - December 24, 2018
- What is holding us back? Why does every project take so long in small towns? - December 3, 2018
- Control your business holiday lights with smart home tools - November 19, 2018