You’ll get more work done when you’re dressed professionally.
|Shama Hyder Kabani is dressed for an important presentation.
That’s a good guideline for dressing to be productive.
Why? Because you feel different. You feel more professional when you are dressed to match.
I even find shoes make a difference. If I’m wearing shoes, I get more done than if I’m relaxed with my shoes off. Weird, huh? But it works.
Here’s another example. I talked to an entrepreneur recently who was still getting ready for a morning shower, and this was at 3pm. Do you think that doesn’t affect productivity?
So what qualifies as professional? While that depends on the work you do, I would say this is a good guideline:
Dress like you’re attending an important business meeting or giving an important presentation.
Don’t believe me? Try it yourself. Pick one day per week. Dress for business, the more formal, the better. Work that way all day. Check your results. Then stop by and tell us how it went.
- The easiest way to podcast is from your phone - June 18, 2018
- Dress up empty buildings with these creative window ideas - June 11, 2018
- Expensive code compliance doesn’t have to ruin your small town - May 28, 2018
- The next big opportunity downtown: the rooftops - May 14, 2018
- I’d like to feed business plan competitions to the sharks - May 7, 2018
- What can you do when a traffic detour cuts down on visitors to town? - April 30, 2018
- Are conferences and events worth your time and money? Here’s how to make sure - April 23, 2018
- Six big themes for small town entrepreneurship - April 16, 2018
- Check this list? Did I get your topic on there? - April 9, 2018
- If you help your customers to create a plan, don’t leave out this essential item - April 2, 2018