Want more local photos for your tourism efforts? Sponsor a photography event.
|Alva’s Picture My Weekend event
draws photographers from all over the region.
Help your local creative types put on a photography workshop or even a simple photo walk. Both are perfect for small towns.
A photo walk is a group of photographers walking through an area more or less as a group, shooting lots of photos. Anyone can pull one of these off, with maybe one or two helpers. Photo walks also fit well into other events. Do a photo walk through your arts festival, your quilt show, your car show, or your heritage festival.
A photography workshop can be much more organized with class sessions and hands on time. This calls for a committee of organizers.
Make an easy way for them to share photos with you: a specific email address, or even a laptop where they can upload photos during the event. Get creative and ask them how they want to share! Explain to participants what you do to promote tourism, why it helps your town. Invite them to share their photos with you, and allow you to reprint them.
Make it easy, make it reflect what the photographers themselves want, and make it fun. Then make a new folder on your hard drive, because you’re about to get a whole bunch of new and interesting photos.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
That is some great tips. Bookmaked this guide and next time I am abroad I will be sure to do so:)