Want more local photos for your tourism efforts? Sponsor a photography event.
|Alva’s Picture My Weekend event
draws photographers from all over the region.
Help your local creative types put on a photography workshop or even a simple photo walk. Both are perfect for small towns.
A photo walk is a group of photographers walking through an area more or less as a group, shooting lots of photos. Anyone can pull one of these off, with maybe one or two helpers. Photo walks also fit well into other events. Do a photo walk through your arts festival, your quilt show, your car show, or your heritage festival.
A photography workshop can be much more organized with class sessions and hands on time. This calls for a committee of organizers.
Make an easy way for them to share photos with you: a specific email address, or even a laptop where they can upload photos during the event. Get creative and ask them how they want to share! Explain to participants what you do to promote tourism, why it helps your town. Invite them to share their photos with you, and allow you to reprint them.
Make it easy, make it reflect what the photographers themselves want, and make it fun. Then make a new folder on your hard drive, because you’re about to get a whole bunch of new and interesting photos.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022