|A different kind of engine…|
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of those things you hear about online. If you can just change a few magic things, your site will appear higher in the search results, you’ll get more customers, and retire to Bermuda. Or something like that. The things that work in SEO are always changing, and it seems more like a dark art than a clear cut science.
So Sheila Scarborough and Andy Hayes, two tourism smarties, are doing a webinar on the tourism SEO basics. (I’m playing moderator.)
Tuesday, July 26, 2011. 2pm Central time.
What you can expect to learn:
- Keywords: the DNA of SEO
- Google Places: without it, you’re toast in local search
- Steps for updating your site to make it Google friendly
- Tricks that will help your site stand out
- Quality, ethical strategies for getting “backlinks” and maintaining momentum
There are daily steps you can be taking to rank higher. Find out more: Tourism SEO Basics: Gaining Traction and Getting Sales
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Wayne McEvilly says
Funny how online things can ‘relate’ even if they would appear on the surface not to.
I’m not in ‘tourism’ but I am into maximizing the efficiency of my simple resources on the web. so this looks like yet another place from which I’ll learn a few things.
Andy Hayes says
Looking forward to it!