Many of you loved the information from Dave Shideler in Building Entrepreneurial Communities. Now you can participate as Shideler presents two webinars on the same subject, plus one on youth entrepreneurship.
These three webinars are presented free by Oklahoma State University Extension Service and Oklahoma’s Rural Enterprises, Inc.:
Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part I: What are they?
This first session will focus on “what communities can do to support, cultivate and enhance entrepreneurship” in your community. Expect to learn a lot about entrepreneurs and what goes into an entrepreneurial climate.
- Community Entrepreneurship Readiness Tool -PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 1 – Slides PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communtities Part 1 – video (downloads as EXE file)
Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part II: How do you build it?
Now that you know more about entrepreneurial climate, what policies can be put in place? Shideler has a long list of policy examples from around Oklahoma. He will also talk about ways to build the entrepreneurial climate and support systems that don’t require policy changes.
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 2 – Slides PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 2 – video (opens in browser)
Youth Entrepreneurship: Building a pipeline
Want to keep more of your town’s kids engaged and involved in the community? Help them become entrepreneurs. Shideler will also share the 4-H curricula on youth entrepreneurship.
- Youth Entrepreneurship – Slides PDF
- Youth Entrepreneurship – video (opens in browser)
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
[…] Update: Recordings are available of three webinars on Building Entrepreneurial Communities by Shideler. […]