Many of you loved the information from Dave Shideler in Building Entrepreneurial Communities. Now you can participate as Shideler presents two webinars on the same subject, plus one on youth entrepreneurship.
These three webinars are presented free by Oklahoma State University Extension Service and Oklahoma’s Rural Enterprises, Inc.:
Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part I: What are they?
This first session will focus on “what communities can do to support, cultivate and enhance entrepreneurship” in your community. Expect to learn a lot about entrepreneurs and what goes into an entrepreneurial climate.
- Community Entrepreneurship Readiness Tool -PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 1 – Slides PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communtities Part 1 – video (downloads as EXE file)
Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part II: How do you build it?
Now that you know more about entrepreneurial climate, what policies can be put in place? Shideler has a long list of policy examples from around Oklahoma. He will also talk about ways to build the entrepreneurial climate and support systems that don’t require policy changes.
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 2 – Slides PDF
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities Part 2 – video (opens in browser)
Youth Entrepreneurship: Building a pipeline
Want to keep more of your town’s kids engaged and involved in the community? Help them become entrepreneurs. Shideler will also share the 4-H curricula on youth entrepreneurship.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019